Wednesday, April 29, 2009

growing up


So I go into Bubba's room (Ron's nickname)to get him up this morning and he was just as happy as can be, laughing and moving around. When I picked him up, he seemed so different to me. I changed his diaper and then took him down stairs to eat breakfast and as I sat him in his high-chair I thought to myself "Did you get taller overnight?" His feet were just a few inches from the footrest on the high-chair.
As I sat there feeding him I watched him and he was so intent on eating and watching the spoon and grabbing it, and feeding himself that I was in shock. He really was "growing up before my eyes".
I had forgotten those changes with Nancy, and it really wasn't that long ago, but I was so amazed at how much really does change in a few days. How quickly they learn to do things and then remember them the next hour or day. As I sat around with some friends last week, we were talking about how we wanted our kids to grow up and get a little more independant but I don't know if I want that right now. I think I will just sit back and enjoy these cuddly moments because as I have been told numerous times by numerous people "this will pass before you know it"

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, it's a little scary when you can look at them and see them growing so fast, right before your eyes!

    Pretty soon we'll all be looking up to Bubba!

    ReplyDelete