Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's day

Well yesterday we celebrated Father's day. I like this day just to be able to recognize our dad's and how important they are in our lives. With Father's becoming less and less in being around, it is important to celebrate and encourage the ones who do.

We had fun. We went to church, and then came home and took a nap and then grilled dinner. So daddy opened his present and had a great time playing with his new pressure washer. After dinner daddy was on the phone and I was cleaning up and taking things in the house. Daddy came in and asked "Did you see what Nancy did?"
"Nope" I replied continuing to clean up.
"She came up to me on the deck and said here daddy, I looked down at it and asked 'what is it?' she said 'poop'"
He quickly chucked the poop into the woods and came inside to wash his hands. I started laughing and said "Well she wanted to give you a special gift"

This Father's day was especially special as we have been apart for a time and back together for time, but until this past week Ron has really not wanted to have anything to do with Daddy. This past week he has come to the door when daddy comes home and gives him a hug with out being asked. I know deep in my heart that, that was the best present for daddy.

What are some funny and cleaver gifts you have given to your dad? I would love to hear!

3 comments:

  1. I think my birth must have been the funniest and cleverest gift he has gotten. My biological father has never really been a dad. My grandparents pretty much raised me until I was young teen and they both died.

    Blessings,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda,

    I remember all those Old Spice soap on ropes that I gave him.


    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet Ron is totally a daddy's boy by now! I remember taking a basket and filling it with things I knew my dad would like. The only three things I remember are a can of sardines, a roll of summer sausage, and a mystery book by his favorite author. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete